ATHE Level 4 Diploma in ComputingSouth London College
The ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing provides the opportunity to gain direct entry into a Bachelor’s Degree in the second year of University. The Level 4 Diploma will support your career choice in a range of sectors in the IT industry including programming, software engineering, network management and E-commerce. The Level 4 Diploma will explore key modules in-depth such as computer systems and software, systems analysis and design and management information systems. It is a foundational education in computing that will get you ready to progress into a University degree programme, and proceed to a profession in computing.
If you the lack traditional entry qualification, this Level 4 ATHE Diploma will exempt you from units completed. This is an OFQUAL regulated qualification that is recognised in the UK and will let you pursue your higher education in a shorter duration. The course will discuss all mandatory units extensively, and you will gain a firm knowledge of the fundamentals of computing.
The qualification will make you a competitive force in the industry, and a valuable asset to IT enterprises. It is the most flexible and effective path to achieve a top-up qualification and enter University straightaway. You will have an enhanced educational profile with this certification. The Level 4 qualification provides a progression pathway to the Level 5 Diploma in Computing which provides entry into the third year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computing.
You will be Eligible for 14 days immediate access to an Accredited Course from South London College.
- Check the suitability of the course compared to your requirement.
- Free 14 day temporary access to Study materials and more.
- You can upgrade temporary access to fully paid access at the end of or before 14 days.
- Complete your qualification and upgrade your skills to advance your career
- No Commitment. No Credit Card required for the 14 Days access.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- You must be over the age of 18
- GCE Advanced Level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects
- 5 GSCEs at Grade C and above
- Other related level 3 subjects
- ATHE Level 3 Diplomas
- Access to higher education certificates approved by a further education institute
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Appropriate standard of English
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon the successful completion of this course, learners will be awarded the ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing Certificate.
ATHE is a global awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual and other UK and international regulators. ATHE offers a wide portfolio of vocationally orientated and internationally recognised qualifications which include business and management, law, computing and healthcare. ATHE qualifications are approved as progression pathways to relevant Bachelor’s and Master’s Top Up degrees by a number of UK and international Universities, providing significant tertiary education opportunities for learners.
Training Course Content
- IT and Society
- Computer Systems and Software
- Computer Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-commerce Applications
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems Theory and Practice
- Management Information Systems
Mandatory Units: 10
- IT and Society : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Computer Systems and Software : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Computer Programming : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Relational Database Systems : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Software Engineering : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Systems Analysis and Design : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- E-commerce Applications : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Human Computer Interaction : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Information Systems Theory and Practice : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Management Information Systems : Credits 12 / GLH 48
- Qualification Number : 601/4740/4
- Total Qualification Time : 1200 hours
- Total Guided Learning Hours : 480 hours
- Level : 4
- Credits : 120
Method of Assessment
In order to successfully complete the ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing, learners must complete 10 mandatory units totaling 120 credits.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Progression and Career Path
Once you complete the ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing, you will gain an accredited qualification that will provide the pathway to enter a Bachelor’s Degree and Top Up Degree programme in the second year in a number of recognised Universities across the United Kingdom. Learners can progress to the following,
- Entry to a Level 5 ATHE Diploma in Computing
- Entry to Bachelor’s Degree Programme in the second year
- Employment in computing/technology at an appropriate level
South London College is a well-established Professional online education provider in the United Kingdom and it aims to meet the employment needs of the youth and people in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. South London College...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses