This accredited course offers a thorough understanding of the latest ITIL Practitioner Guidance on 'how' to start to adopt and adapt ITIL best practice. During this course, participants will build upon their current foundation level understanding of the ITIL framework and will be given a toolkit and guidance to become a confident ITIL Practitioner. In addition, this course enables participants to apply ITIL more effectively and helps them develop their service management careers.
Interested candidates can choose between two and three day courses. ITIL Practitioner courses are now available in Birmingham, London, Manchester, Leeds, and cities across the UK.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at:
- All levels of IT service professionals beyond Foundation level
- Those who need to "adopt and adapt" ITIL in their organisations
In order to enroll in this course, candidates must have an ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (V3 or 2011).
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By attending the ITIL Practitioner course, candidates should be able to apply and understand how to use ITIL guidance to deliver service improvement within their organisations.
Specifically participants will be able to:
- Use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement
- Apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context
- Apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organizational context
- Use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement
- Communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement
- Apply organizational change management to support continual service improvement
Candidates will receive 3 credits for successfully passing the exam and these can be used towards ITIL Expert certification.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Apply the concept of 'Adopt and Adapt' when using ITIL guidance in a given context.
ITSM Guiding Principles
- Apply the ITSM guiding principles in a given context when planning and implementing service improvements
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- eep it simple
CSI Approach and measuring improvement
- Describe the purpose and main outputs of each step of the CSI Approach.
Use the CSI Approach tools and techniques successfully in a given specific context:
- Orientation Worksheet
- Benefits Realization Review Template
- CSI registers
- Apply the CSI approach to a given context, including a holistic view of the guiding principles and how the three critical competencies contribute to an improvement (Communication, Metrics & Measurement, OCM)
- Define critical success factors (CSFs) using a relevant hierarchical approach
- ITIL Vision to measurement
- Balanced scorecard
- Organizational cascade
- Determine key performance indicators (KPIs) to underpin a critical success factor
- Analyze CSFs and KPIs in a given context to ensure that they are balanced between the four categories
- Technology, process, service
- Progress compliance, effectiveness, efficiency
- Leading, trailing
- Inside-out, outside-in
- Define a current state assessment plan in a given context
- Assessment criteria
- Required outputs
- Available resources and skills
- Explain the nature, value, importance and benefits of good communication
- Understand communication principles
- Communication is a two way process
- We're communicating all the time
- Timing and frequency matter
- There is no single correct method
- The message is in the medium
- Use relevant communication tools and techniques to support improvement in a given context
- Stakeholder communication plan
- Business case
Organisational Change Management (OCM)
- Explain the role and impact of OCM in successful improvement
- Understand the purpose and value of OCM activities
- Create a sense of urgency
- Manage stakeholders
- Manage sponsors
- Analyze training needs
- Manage resistance to change
- Use reinforcement to embed the change
- Use relevant OCM tools and techniques to support improvement in a given context
- Sponsor diagram
- Stakeholder worksheet
- Stakeholder map
- RACI matrix
The cost of this course varies depending on location. Request information to receive addition information regarding the price of this course.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this ITIL Practitioner course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!