Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Global Macroeconomic ChallengesLondon School of Economics and Political Science
Global Macroeconomic Challenges - Executive Course at LSE
This Global Macroeconomic Challenges executive course explores the key policy debates and events that are affecting the modern global economy, equipping delegates with the analytical skills necessary to understand the logic and implications of policy decisions.
The 5-day programme covers the economic theories currently being used to interpret global economic events, providing a comprehensive overview that allows participants to leave the course with an essential understanding of:
- the sustainability of global imbalances and the implications for foreign exchange markets & the US dollar
- the risks of financial integration and the potential perils ahead for emerging economies
- how the financial crisis has influenced monetary and fiscal policies
- the connections between current macroeconomic events
- whether large deficits necessarily result in sovereign defaults
- the factors that determine sovereign debt risk and the perceived probability of default
- the role of China in the global economy and the impact of its policies, particularly in terms of exchange rates
Suitability - Who should attend?
ThisMacroeconomic Challenges of Global Imbalances short course is suitable for:
- practitioners in financial markets
- economic analysts
- financial strategists
- portfolio managers with an interest in global macroeconomic issues
Students are expected to have:
- fluency in English
- an undergraduate degree
- an absolute minimum of 2 years’ professional experience
Training Course Content
The course covers the following key topics:
- Imbalances: a global and a European perspective
- China and its Macroeconomic Implications on the Global Economy
- Issues in a Monetary Union: the Euro area case
- The Perils of International Financial Integration
- Policy issues: Zero Lower bound and Policy options
Fees for this course are £5,795.
LSE Alumni – graduates of the LSE and previous attendees of the LSE Executive Education Courses are entitled to a 15 per cent discount.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
In this short film, members of the Executive Education Courses share their views on their programmes.
LSE - Providing Innovative Education to Professionals & Organisations
The London School of Economics and Political Science, commonly known as LSE, is one of the world's leading social science institutions, offering a broad range of undergraduate, graduate and executive courses spanning the full spectrum of subjects included in this diverse field, from...
Find out more about this Global Macroeconomic Challenges course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.