Accounting Principles 1 - Posting Basic Transactions - a 2-day accounting course in London
The mystery of double entry is key to processing finance related transactions, and is a basic principle used by those with bookkeeping and accounting related responsibilities. Understanding how transactions are recorded in the accounting books and records is a must for all businesses large or small no matter what sector they operate in. Staff involved in the finance or accounting related functions will benefit from understanding the key principles relating to revenue recording, accruing expenses, depreciating assets and other relevant accounting concepts. This course will illustrate how entries are posted in computerised accounting ledgers and show how sales, purchases and other accounting transactions relate to each other.
Case studies and worked examples will be used to give detailed explanations of how the concepts work, are updated and interact with each other. Delegates will work through examples that reflect realistic everyday transactions they would come across in practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Personnel working in an accounting or finance area eg. sales and purchase ledgers. It will enable experienced staff to improve their basic understanding of accounting principles and provide new recruits with useful grounding in key principles needed in the accounting and finance world.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD 12 hours
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Debits and credits
- Ledger accounting – the advantage of computerised systems
- The trial balance – preparing for final accounts
- The profit and loss account – calculating trading profit/loss
- The balance sheet – preparing the statement of financial position
- Sales ledger – the difference between cash and credit sales, how debtors are treated, accounted for and controlled
- Purchase ledger – differentiating between cash and credit purchases, effective control of the business’ creditors
- Accruals and prepayments – the importance of such adjustments
- Other adjustments – relevant revisions of profit and loss and balance sheet amounts
- Fixed assets and depreciation – appropriate policies and how to calculate and account for such amounts
The price per place for this course is £995 plus VAT.
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Accounting Principles 1 - Posting Basic Transactions course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!