Foreign Exchange Markets & Currency Risk Management - 1-day course in London
The Foreign Exchange markets have never been busier, or more volatile and risky, especially post Brexit. This course looks at the FX markets, and how to manage currency risk, from a professional, practical perspective.
This programme will explore and explain the FX markets from both the sell side (banks) and buy side (corporate and asset managers) perspective. The course will provide a practical introduction to the Foreign Exchange Markets, the products and the risks. It will give delegates a clear understanding of the impact that currency movements can have on a company and an understanding of how to evaluate, monitor and control currency risks, and formulate an appropriate hedging policy.
New market initiatives such as e-FX and CLS will be covered, and all terminology and jargon will be fully explained.
No prior knowledge is assumed.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who requires a good, practical understanding of Foreign Exchange, and the associated risks. This would include treasury management and staff, banking personnel, and people who work in the Financial Services sector.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
Introduction and Market Background
- Historical Overview – the salient points
- BIS data, latest FX sector growth
- Why is London the FX Capital?
- Market participants and their motivations:
- Hedgers, traders, arbitrageurs
- FX Risk
- Banks, Corporates, Fund Managers
- Different currency classifications: G10 major, minor, crosses, emerging markets (EM)
Economics of Foreign Exchange
- What drives the market? Why do exchange rates move?
- Long and short term influences
- Supply and Demand
- Economic indicators, breaking news, uncertainty and rumour
- Government policy and intervention.
- Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
Mechanics of Foreign Exchange
- Timing, Procedures and practices
- Spot FX quotes
- Carry plays
Forward Foreign Exchange
- Relationships with interest rates
- Forward points, Premiums and discounts
- Currency Options overview – when to use options?
Currency Risk Management
- Transaction, Trading, Competitive, Translation,
- Exposure Management Process
- Practical Aspects of a Hedging Policy
- Strategic vs Dynamic Hedging
- Getting the best prices from your bankers/FX providers
- Treasury Management Systems (TMS)
- FX Providers – Banks, Brokers and E-FX
- Multi-asset class platforms
- Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS)
- Future implications with global financial markets
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Foreign Exchange Markets & Currency Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!