Fraud Prevention and Detection - How to Manage the Risks - 1-day course in London
Fraud is a crime that threatens not only an organisation's profits but its reputation also. These threats are increasing so that it is vital that fraud risks are managed effectively – this course shows exactly how this can be done. Delegates will learn about the various types of fraud and the modern threat landscape, in particular the important and developing danger of cybercrime. They will also be made aware of the motives and behaviours of fraudsters and so will be in a position to spot behavioural red flags. A key part of developing an effective fraud risk management framework is being aware of those controls that work in practice and delegates will be taken through the key preventative measures and detective techniques used by organisations today to fight fraud. The course is highly inter-active throughout, with practical tips, case studies and lessons learned from a review of recent cases.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Directors, finance and procurement professionals, internal auditors, compliance officers, operational risk managers, ethics, HR and security officers and all those responsible for implementing anti-fraud and corruption programmes in their organisations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD 6 hours
Training Course Content
- The modern fraud risk management framework
- Definitions, types of fraud, scale and typologies
- External fraud – focus on cyber crime
- Internal fraud: fraudulent financial statements; asset misappropriation; and bribery and corruption
- The people problem: motives and behavioural issues behind fraud – the Fraud Triangle, who commits fraud and why
- Responsibilities for fraud prevention and detection – the role of directors and senior managers
- The role and responsibilities of auditors (internal and external) in fraud prevention and detection
- The most effective anti-fraud prevention controls discussed and analysed
- Red flags and the forensic approach, with key detective techniques – hotlines, data mining and fraud auditing
- Headline cases and practical examples
The price per place for this course is £575 plus VAT.
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Fraud Prevention and Detection - How to Manage the Risks course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!