Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Whistleblowing Policy - Building a Culture of OpennessQuorum Training - A Wilmington Company
Whistleblowing Policy - Building a Culture of Openness
Whistle-blowing is about protected disclosure - raising concerns of serious malpractice or wrongdoing in the workplace by workers in a safe manner. Such transparency is a necessary part of building a culture of accountability and this, in turn, is vital in the prevention and detection of fraud, bribery and other corrupt business practices. In order to achieve this, organisations must build an appropriate framework that protects staff who blow the whistle. This half-day interactive course shows delegates how to do this.
The course places whistle-blowing in its international context before focusing on the position in the UK, reviewing PIDA and subsequent legislation. It then concentrates on organisational needs and takes delegates through a practical 10-step programme that promotes successful whistle-blowing. Effective disclosure of malpractice and wrongdoing is a key part of both control frameworks and organisational culture and delegates will learn how to build and maintain an effective whistle-blowing framework.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Compliance, ethics and HR professionals; risk officers and risk management professionals; internal auditors; directors with responsibility for compliance matters; managers in both the private and public sector with responsibility for managing legal and regulatory risk; all staff with compliance responsibilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
- Definitions and core principles
- International background and context: the changing perceptions of whistleblowers; developing legislation around the world; and headline cases
- The law in the UK: The Public Interest Disclosure Act (“PIDA”) 1998 and The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013
- What is a “hotline”? How to promote successful reporting channels
- The 10 key steps to effective whistle-blowing including: policies; communication and training; effective investigation; and reporting
- Whistle-blowing as a key detective control in anti-fraud and corruption programmes
- Tone at the top and organisational culture – the power of creating an open, accountable culture, rather than one characterised by blame and fear
- Whistle-blowing in action - examples of successful disclosure regimes
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Whistleblowing Policy - Building a Culture of Openness course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.