The Prevent Duty (CACHE Endorsed) Online Training Course
Anyone working in child care or education needs to have a good understanding of ‘Prevent’; the government’s strategy against terrorism and radicalisation. We discuss the responsibilities that professionals have under this initiative.
This program is provided as 24x7 online access training - so you can study when it’s convenient for you.
Note: This program is CACHE endorsed through Laser Learning. Cache Endorsed Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Training Course Content
- Learn how and why the Prevent programme succeeds in stopping people becoming radicalised and supporting or participating in terrorism.
- Find out how you can contribute in a professional capacity to implement anti radicalisation policies.
- Explore how the Prevent policies and procedures work and how they are implemented in different settings.
- Discover how the promotion of violence to influence any kind of political change is relevant to Prevent.
- Deepen your learning by reading Department for Education papers, Preventing Extremism in the Education and Children’s Services Sectors, The Prevent Duty: Departmental Advice for Schools and Childcare Providers and Promoting Fundamental British Values as Part of SMSC in Schools: Departmental Advice for Maintained Schools.
- Learn about the alleged takeover of a number of Birmingham schools by conservative Muslims in Extremism in schools: the Trojan Horse Affair by the House of Commons Education Committee.
- Find out about the role of social media in How Social Media is Used to Encourage Travel to Syria and Iraq – A briefing Note for Schools’ issued by the Home Office and the Department for Education.
- Access the channel guidance webpage on the Gov UK website to explore the role of channel in safeguarding children and adults, then read the HM Government document Channel: Vulnerability Assessment Framework.
- Visit the HM Government Educate Against Hate website to get ideas on how parents, teachers and school leaders can access practical advice on protecting children from radicalisation and extremism.
- Gain further insight with a presentation on ‘Writing an anti radicalisation policy’ which will show how you can contribute to this in your setting.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...