This is a ‘hands on’ cookery course that provides an introduction to prepare and cook popular dishes from American culture. Take a culinary journey around the U.S.A, from the authentic ‘Old-Timey’ cooks of the Deep South to the exciting historical dishes of the Native Americans, sunshine food of California, incredible dishes from the Amish communities, hearty dishes from the Wild West, to the fragrant islands of Hawaii. Whilst working in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with expert guidance and teaching, you will be preparing and cooking exciting, popular American dishes such as:
- Authentic and traditional Mains, such as Navajo Tacos with Indian fry bread, Texas chilli with cornbread, Chicken Creole and Meatloaf
- Traditional accompaniments and dipping sauces, such as Ranch dip, Cornbread, Biscuits, Potato casserole and Ranch House beans
- Sweet bakes and cookies, such as Amish cookies, Depression pie, Goldmine coffee cake
- Source or make adaptions for unusual ingredients and vegetarian alternatives
- Safe storage and heating of your prepared dishes
Suitability - Who should attend?
No subject specific requirements but basic English written skills and maths skills is required plus basic manual dexterity required to complete practical work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
North Hertfordshire College Apprenticeships
Hart Learning & Development, part of the Hart Learning Group along with North Hertfordshire College, is a progressive L & D business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!