ILM Effective Communication and Presentation Skills (In-House)LEORON Professional Development Institute
ILM Effective Communication and Presentation Skills - In-house
Modern businesses communicate in more diverse ways than ever before in human history. Individuals and businesses communicate with each other through mediums as diverse as e-mail, telephone, text, social media, skype, instagram, video conferencing, conference calls.
Despite this fact, there is very little in terms of education or resource as to how best to approach these varying communication channels and how to make the best use of them. As a result people develop their own individual approaches and subsequently communication can often break down.
This 5-day workshop attempts to address this disparity by breaking down business communication, in all its forms, into its component parts and from there demonstrating how to effectively engage your audience. After completing this training delegates will come out as effective communicators equipped with tools and techniques to apply in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This program is particularly suited to practicing team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, as well as managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts and/or other pressures.
Participants will normally be either practising or aspiring managers. Although there are no formal requirements, learners should have a background that will enable them to benefit from the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Acquire a range of key management skills with a particular emphasis on communication skills and put them into practice in their own role.
- Build leadership capabilities
- Gain management skills using their knowledge, values and motivations
- Develop as an effective and confident first line manager
- Gain an ILM L3 Award that can be used in career development
Training Course Content
The agenda for this classroom course is as follows:
- An introduction to the ILM Award qualification and how it works
- The importance of effective communication at work and the effects of poor communication
- The stages in communication: sender -encoding – transmission – decoding - receiver
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication in the workplace
- Different types of communication including oral, written, visual, and electronic and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Active listening skills
- Significance of non-verbal communication and body language
- Techniques of face-to-face and indirect communication, and when each is appropriate
- How to use feedback to check effectiveness of communication
- How to assess and develop own communication skills through feedback and reflection
- The importance of delivering professional presentations
- Selection of relevant information content
- How to plan and prepare effectively for briefings (account for Purpose; Audience; Content; Form)
- The value of various methods of data presentation – tables, graphs, charts, diagrams
- Prepare visual aids to support briefing or presentation
- Formal and informal presentation skills including platform techniques and visual aids
- Use of feedback to check understanding
- How to evaluate briefings/presentations
- Practical presentation delivery from each candidate
- Final assessment check for award qualification
To know the detailed pricing of this in-house training offered by Leoron kindly enquire.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Partners for Quality Award recognizes an Employer providing support to an individual where there was a significant benefit to the Division or Society. LEORON institute was granted the prestigious award for their continued promotion of Organizational Excellence through training courses that are directly related to quality improvement techniques and methodologies they provide while promoting the values and mission of ASQ Quality Management Division.
Provider: LEORON Professional Development Institute
Built upon the strong experience in the manufacturing sector, which its founders developed in Sweden during the 90’s global expansion, LEORON evolved into the dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions. All across the...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this ILM Effective Communication and Presentation Skills (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
LEORON Institute is accredited by ANSI as, ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer.
e-learning / Online / Distance
Corporate Training for Teams
Open / Scheduled
779 GBP-865 GBP
e-learning / Online / Distance
Open / Scheduled
2,416 GBP-2,685 GBP