This course is for adults who want to learn new skills and gain a qualification to help them find employment in the automotive industry.
It provides an introduction to the motor vehicle industry and will enable you to develop skills in car maintenance. It is held two evenings per week in the specialist motor vehicle workshops at our Skills Centre in Feltham.
You will develop knowledge and skills in:
- Health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance.
You will study:
- Introduction to the retail automotive maintenance and repair industry
- Spark ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Compression ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Steering and suspension systems components and maintenance (4 wheels or more)
- Vehicle braking systems components and maintenance.
We arrange work experience opportunities and trips and visits where possible.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no entry requirements, but an interview will be required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Professional or Industry specific qualification
West Thames College Apprenticeships
Responsive - They are one of London's most innovative and responsive apprenticeship providers offering professional programmes in: Business ICT Accountancy Leadership & Management Health & Care Construction Catering Hair Beauty Motor Vehicle Logistics Automotive Clay Modelling. Innovative - Over the...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!