Managing People Effectively - Level 1GBC Learning & Development
Managing People Effectively - Level 1
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply desirable behaviours and useful management tools
- Understand the role of a good manager
- Assess what is already working well to build on your current successes
- Clarify performance expectations with your staff
- Attain results through setting objectives
- Improve the way you communicate by gaining understanding through questioning and listening
- Appreciate the importance of delegation and ensure that you execute successful delegation
- Deliver motivational and developmental feedback
- Appreciate the power of motivation
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for the performance of an individual or a team.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD Certified 6 Learning Hours, 6 Points , GBC Learning course attended certificates
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- Establish what you want to achieve
Characteristics of an Effective Manager
- What is already going well?
- Identify and role model appropriate and desirable behaviours
- Defining expectations
- Observing performance
- Measuring output
Setting Objectives and Measuring Results
- How to set SMART objectives
Communication - Questioning and Listening
- Skills for getting information
- Listening - the critical element of communication
- Why should you delegate?
- Main Steps for successful delegation
Delivering Effective Feedback
- The key to gaining optimum performance from your team
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Course fees are £375 + VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.3Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Managing People Effectively - Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!