Telephone Techniques - In House
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the importance of tonality, i.e. how they use their voice
- appreciate what they should and should not say
- improve their listening and questioning techniques
- obtain the skills and confidence to handle phone calls
- develop strategies for making changes happen
The topics covered in the course will demonstrate that even those participants who are new to roles involving telephonic calls can provide callers with a high quality, professional service.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Telephone Technique course is ideal for team members who use the telephone as a key part of their job and who would benefit from some additional strategies and techniques to help them handle all types of calls with confidence.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
GBC Learning Course Attended Certificate
Training Course Content
Introduction and priority setting
- What will we cover today?
- What do you want to achieve today?
- How experienced are you?
Feelings, attitudes and motivation
- Keeping in the right frame of mind
- Accentuate the positive
- Positive and professional words and phrases
It's not what you say, it's the way you say it
- Your vibrant voice
- Maintaining confidence, assertiveness and professionalism
- How tone influences and affects the other person
- Keeping 'in step' with the caller
- Am I really listening?
- What stops me listening properly?
- Strategies for effective listening
- Different types of question
- Finding out what the caller really wants
- Ensuring the correct information is taken
Handling tricky and difficult calls
- What to say and when to say it
- When and how to put on hold
- Managing the callers expectations
- How to finish the call on a positive note
Conclusion and action plan
- Recap and summary
- What will I change when I return to work?
- Action Plan for change
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Telephone Technique - In House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!