Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is a 10 day Study Programme with three exams including two written examination papers; NGC1 & GC2 followed by One Practical Exercise (GC3) which must be conducted in your own workplace. The course is an introductory qualification designed to help non-specialists to discharge more effectively their organisational duties or functions with respect to workplace health and safety.
The ten day programme includes modules on the following topics: -
- Identifying common hazards and unsafe practices found in workplaces and knowing the appropriate preventative and protective measures to be taken.
- Advise on appropriate action to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace and assist in the development of procedures to deal with fires.
- Identify the agents and work situations likely to be detrimental to health and describe how health hazards at work may be controlled.
- Assist in the preparation and regular review of health and Safety policy.
- Use proactive and reactive strategies to assess the risk of accidents and ill health
- Suggest appropriate changes to work systems and environments which will lead to improvements in health, safety and welfare.
- Describe the affects of human and organisational factors on health and safety.
- Specify the health and safety training needs of persons at work.
- Describe the types and forms of health and safety information to be displayed in the workplace.
- Identify sources of guidance and advice on health and safety matters.
- Liaise with safety committees and facilitate relations with employee representatives
- Investigate events which led, or might have led, to death, injury, ill health or a dangerous occurrence, prepare formal reports and make logical and cost effective proposals for improvement.
- Maintain records of the events above and satisfy statutory reporting requirements
- Identify the main requirements of health, safety and welfare legislation and approved codes of practices
- Use reference material to identify the requirements of health and safety legislation and to ensure sound health and safety practices.
- Undertake workplace inspections, note any hazards and the way they are controlled, identity safe and unsafe working practices, and recommend appropriate and cost- effective remedial actions.
The training venues we use are of the highest calibre. We believe in the value of using professionally managed conference facilities with first class refreshments and catering to provide a warm and engaging learning environment.
All costs outlined include £110 plus VAT NEBOSH Exam fees.
There are two optional study days prior to the exam and these usually cost £225 plus vat, however for this offer we are INCLUDING this in your total cost of the discounted price £895+VAT.
All the trainers we use for delivering this programme have different industry specialities, relevant to the content of the modules being delivered and are all qualified NEBOSH and IOSH Lecturers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions, not just health & safety. Appropriate for anyone who wishes to achieve a formal and internationally renowned qualification in Occupational Health & Safety.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Cosensa Learning and Development Training Courses
Cosensa Learning & Development offers training courses for professionals and organisations throughout the public, private and third sectors. All Cosensa trainers are highly qualified, with extensive experience in training and coaching. Cosensa's wide range of open courses are delivered throughout...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.