Hiring for Success: Competency Based Interviewing TechniquesChurchill Square Training & Development
Interviewing sounds easy enough: you arrange for a conversation between you and potential candidates, and then select the best person for a particular position. But what if you could refine the process in such a way that you were confident that you are selecting the right person? How do you separate the good from the great, when they have similar work experience and strengths to offer? This workshop will give you the skills and tools to hire successful candidates.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made
- Ways to develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees
- How to prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets
- How to develop a job analysis and position profile
- How to use traditional, behavioral, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational (critical incident) interview questions
- Communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter
- How to effectively interview difficult applicants
- Ways to check references more effectively
- Basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process
What Topics are Covered?
- History of the interviewing process
- The recruitment and selection process
- Cost analysis
- Job analysis and position profiles
- Finding candidates and advertising guidelines
- Screening resumes and performance assessments
- Problems recruiters face and interviewing barriers
- Non-verbal communication and types of questions
- Traditional vs. behavioral interviews
- The critical incident technique
- Difficult applicants
- Interview preparation and format
- Scoring responses and checking references
- Human rights
We currently offer different delivery methods, eLearning, distance learning and instructor led onsite courses for up to 15 participants.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Churchill Square Training & Development Ltd
Churchill Square Training & Development is a leading UK based global training and development provider. With over 185 different courses available, we offer a wide variety of training options available to suit your organisation or individual training needs. All of...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Hiring for Success: Competency Based Interviewing Techniques course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!