Advanced Strength of Materials
This course examines main concepts, theories and principles applied for explaining the mechanical behaviour of materials under various states of stress and strain conditions.
It provides an in-depth understanding of the major principles used in evaluating the response of construction materials to stresses and deformation.
By attending this course you will:
- develop advanced knowledge related to the constitutive laws governing the behaviour of the material subject to elastic and plastic deformation due to various types of loading
- develop the ability to interpret how and why material fails based on technical argument of the theories of material failure
- develop the skills to interrelate the theoretical and experimental results.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have relevant professional experience and/or an undergraduate qualification in a related subject.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- comprehensively explain and critique engineering principles associated with the mechanical behaviour of various construction materials
- produce computer based models to systematically assess the mechanical behaviour of various construction materials used in structural engineering and be aware of their limitations
- appraise the design process as it is affected by the mechanical behaviour of various construction materials and adapt techniques and novel solutions to a wide range of applications.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a PGDip or MSc award.
The cost of this training programme is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Advanced Strength of Materials course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!