There are essentially two dimensions to the building surveying profession – the organisation of building work and the assessment of the condition of existing buildings.
The diagnosis of building defects in existing buildings is the focus of this course.
It is an essential part of the building surveyor’s work, a subject often referred to as ‘building pathology’.
The knowledge required for building pathology is an understanding of basic building technology and how and why buildings and materials fail.
The aim of this course is therefore to teach you the principles of structural failure, the properties of building materials and how materials deteriorate as a result of various environmental factors (mostly water).
In addition, you'll learn about the various types of inspection that building surveyors undertake, and the role of surveyor in preparing schedules of dilapidations and acting as an expert witness.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have relevant professional experience and/or an undergraduate qualification in a related subject.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret complex factual information in a systematic, critical and creative manner
- Make logical recommendations based on the information
- Identify and solve problems, generating new ideas, innovations and solutions
- Communicate information, ideas and concepts effectively in a clear fashion, using the appropriate IT
- Develop personal and interpersonal skills and competencies, and work constructively in a team
- Apply ethical and professional values
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Training Course Content
This course will include:
- An introduction to building pathology
- The equipment used by surveyors
- How and why builds move, and how to diagnose a crack
- The impact of dampness and condensation, timber infestation and decay, concrete failure and flood damage
- Advanced inspection techniques.
The cost of this training programme is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Building Pathology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!