This beginners course is responding to the huge growth in ownership of digital SLR (DSLR) cameras and the increased demand for digital images for personal and commercial use.
The course is designed to take novice photographers and teach them the basic science, technology, craft and art of photography and to develop their knowledge and skills to create technically sound, interesting and professional images.
You will move away from shooting with the camera in automatic mode and start using the various camera modes that enable you to take control of your images. Topics include:
- choosing and buying your equipment
- making images: looking and seeing
- shutter and shutter speed
- subject lighting
- digital developing and printing
- the advantages of RAW photographs
The course will be a mixture of theory and practice. There will inspiring projects that will explore artistic expression, reportage, commerciality, nature, people and community. Further reading will be suggested to enhance your knowledge.
During this course you will:
- learn about contemporary digital photography today and current technology
- identify successful digital images and discuss the aesthetic qualities of your work and that of other students and professionals
- plan a photograph, from composition to digital printing
- work in different light situations to create successful images
- manually adjust focus, shutter speeds and exposure on your digital camera to produce effects
- create unique images on location and in the studio environment
- edit images using basic Photoshop functions
- promote your images online to others.
What will you gain?
The mix of art, craft, science, technology and practical advice makes this course very exciting and ideal for the enthusiastic amateur photographer.
The course would be of use to anyone wanting to improve their photography skills whether as a hobby or a gateway to further study or employment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No entry requirements
Nottingham Trent University
One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers professionals the opportunity to expand their knowledge and progress in their chosen career with a range of postgraduate and short professional courses. NTU's industry-focused training courses includes:...
Find out more about this Digital SLR Photography course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!