Graphic Design - BeginnersNottingham Trent University
Graphic Design - Beginners
Aimed at the beginner with limited or no knowledge of graphic design, this introductory course combines theoretical and practical content within a professional, commercial perspective.
The development of ideas, the creative process and an understanding of visual language, layout and typography will all be included in this course to help you develop your knowledge of the different disciplines and skills associated with graphic design.
You will create innovative compositions using words, pictures and colour through workshops and projects that combine theoretical discussions with practical applications.
During this course you will:
- learn about graphic design today and who's shaping the design world - and apply this knowledge to your work
- work with typography in a creative and experimental way
- create layouts that communicate a clear message
- select and edit images and combine these with layouts and typography
- use Adobe Creative Suite at an introductory level
- work to a commercial project brief and understand the processes involved, from initial research to final presentation
- critique your work and that of others so as to improve your knowledge of why some graphic design is successful and others less so
- bring together the different disciplines within graphic design so as to create innovative and cohesive results.
What will you gain?
The course is ideal if you are building your portfolio and can act as an introduction to the subject for those considering future studies or a new career.
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you for leading such a wonderful course. Your course and coaching style has given me the first steps I needed to work towards a career within the design world. A massive thank you for the great motivation and one to one time you dedicated to me." BW
"Thoroughly enjoyed the course, wish it could go on longer." SP
“I enjoyed everything. I have never worked with InDesign before and I was afraid I can’t handle it, but everything went smoothly. I will take part in the next course level for intermediate for sure. Thank you.” AM
“It’s very creative and fun. It gave me the insight that I needed.” IG
"Great course - will definitely do the intermediate level." JD
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: No design or software experience is required, although you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Average rating 5Based on 9 reviews
Find out more about this Graphic Design - Beginners course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!