Law for Construction
The main aim of this course is to provide you with a framework for understanding legal processes and legal decision making.
It will also provide you with a basis for understanding some key legal rights and responsibilities.
The module will also provide a basis for understanding dispute resolution.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Training Course Content
This course will include:
- English Legal systems and processes
- key elements of contract law
- review of key torts
- review and development of health and safety law
- corporate social responsibility, including corporate manslaughter legislation
- methods of dispute resolution including courts, arbitration, adjudication, mediation and conciliation.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- develop a systematic understanding of the English Legal System, including the identification and application of recognised legal sources and criminal and civil liability
- critically evaluate, discuss and apply key contract law concepts
- critically discuss and apply key torts
- review and critically appraise Health and Safety law
- critically evaluate corporate and social legal responsibilities
- critically evaluate and apply the key principles of dispute resolution
- identify and critically review the application of legal cases in contract and tort, and apply these to construction industry scenarios
- identify the key legal findings from cases and apply these principles to construction issues
- critically review the legal processes to understand how they can be applied to construction scenarios
- critically evaluate case-based law findings based on contract law and tort to resolve construction disputes
- use appropriate information technologies to acquire key legal information.
The cost of this training programme is £895.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Law for Construction course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!