Photography and Architecture
This course will teach you the necessary skills to capture the identity of a place.
You’ll explore urban spaces old and new, inside and out, learning how to work with city architecture and the built environment.
Architecture in photography is something many people can relate to, which makes it an accessible form of photographic practice.
But being able to capture a unique image using specialist technical equipment is a real skill and which sets professional photographers aside from others.
This practical course will appeal to anyone interested in the urban environment and how the aesthetic qualities of buildings can be captured in a photograph.
Nottingham has a wealth of contemporary and historic buildings that'll be explored through the lens of your camera.
You’ll approach architecture and photography from an editorial and fine art perspective to give your work a breadth of content that will appeal to different audiences.
On this course you will:
- improve your understanding of digital photography and the manual settings of your camera
- discuss the work of professional photographers and how they may inform the direction your work takes
- experience working in a variety of urban locations, capturing the external and internal qualities of historic and contemporary buildings
- experiment with abstract shapes, colours and textures
- use Raw processing and Photoshop to enhance and manipulate your images
- develop a personal style to your photography
- create inspiring architectural images that have both an aesthetic and technical quality.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you will have a portfolio of unique architectural images, the knowledge and experience of how to plan a shoot on location, and ideas about how to continue your photography in the future.
This course is also part of the NTU Global Summer School which attracts undergraduate students from colleges around the world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have some knowledge of using your digital camera in manual mode.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Photography and Architecture course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!