This course will provide you with an intensive introduction to planning practice and, in particular, spatial planning, planning legislation and development management.
The aim of the course is to provide you with a sound and critical knowledge of the planning system, enabling you to apply this knowledge in your job as a planning or development surveyor.
This course will include:
- development plans
- planning applications and the appeal process
- how to provide advice to clients about the planning process
- the role of local government, central government and agencies
- the relationship between sustainable development, climate change and the planner.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- examine planning policy and evaluate its effectiveness in delivering development
- evaluate the role of the planning process
- assess current planning policy
- evaluate the multi-disciplinary nature of planning and development practice
- appraise information from multiple sources
- identify and critically evaluate national, regional and local planning policy, and determine its relevance.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have relevant professional experience and/or an undergraduate qualification in a related subject.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Training Course Content
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Planning Practice course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!