CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & LeadershipResults Driven Group
CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership
All available course dates
CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership
CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Residential courses in Keswick run over 4 consecutive days
Open courses in London run over 4 consecutive days or 4 days over 6 weeks
Open courses in Dubai run over 4 consecutive days
On-line Tutor Led course run over 4 days
This ‘tools’ based leadership development programme focuses on the practicalities of leadership from a delivery perspective and, through a series of competency based leadership skills assessments and experiential leadership development exercises, develops confidence within the leader.
This programme is delivered over 9 days as a residential course in the Lake District (one 4 day residential block and then another 5 day residential block) or as a 9 day open course with the first 4 days in London delivered over 6 weeks and module 2 as a 5-day residential course in the Lake District.
The programme is both blended and experiential in its nature with a range of online activities undertaken pre and post course through our CMI online learning and
development portal Management Direct.
Residential course in Keswick, Cumbria – 9 days in total, Module one (dates shown) is a 4 day block and module two is a 5 day block
Open course in London – 9 days in total module one is 4 days in London delivered over a 4 week block or 6 weeks (shown above) and module two is a 5 day residential block in Keswick, Cumbria Keswick, Cumbria
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for experienced or aspiring senior managers/directors/future leaders in your organisation.
Progression – Becoming a Chartered Manager
Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, it's recognised and valued across all sectors.
Chartered Managers' satisfaction with the accreditation is remarkably high – giving a net
promoter score of +67 (CMI, March 2015).
The impact of chartered manager
A Chartered Managers average added value to their organisation.
96% use Chartered Manager as proof of leading people & managing change
73% exceeding targets. 86% improving operations. 80% new product development
96% use Chartered Manager to showcase their continual learning & growth
83% say they are better managers after achieving Chartered status
92% report greater self-awareness
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful achievement of all assignments, you will receive the Level 7 CMI Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership
Training Course Content
The CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of five assignments which are as follows:
1. Strategic leadership, which involves delegates developing the skills of the strategic leader
2. Implementing organisational change strategies, results in you in driving through change in your respective organisation
3. Strategic planning, enables the delegate to consider the purpose, direction and implementation of strategic plans on their organisation, and how to assess priorities and justify alternative strategic options and the impact on stakeholders
4. Conducting a strategic management project, you will develop a company-based investigative project, drawing together all your skills learnt during the course and applying them to a specific issue or problem.
5.Developing performance management strategies, you will examine the links and how to manage the performance of a team to ensure their contribution to the overall strategic objectives and the tools and techniques available to set targets and measure future
‘On completion of this course you will be entitled to use the designatory letters MCM'
Module one – Strategic leadership
This module is about understanding strategic leadership skills and strategies and the understanding of ethical and cultural issues within your organisation.
• Develop the ability to be able to analyse the impact of the organisation’s culture and values on strategic leadership
• Debate how organisational specific, legal, regulatory and ethical requirements impact on strategic leadership demands
• Learn how to evaluate current and emerging social concerns and expectations impacting on strategic leadership in your organisation
• Discuss the relationship between strategic management and leadership in your organisation
• Learn how to evaluate leadership styles and their impact on strategic decisions
• Discuss why leadership styles need to be adapted in different situations
• Learn how to evaluate the impact of leadership styles on your organisation
• Learn how to evaluate two differing leadership strategies
• Determine situational variables which could cause a change in leadership strategy
• Analyse a leadership strategy to support your organisational direction
Module two – Implementing organisational change strategies
This module is about identifying, developing and implementing change strategies to meet organisational objectives, using a range of management models, tools and techniques.
• Learn how to use a range of organisational change models or frameworks
• Apply a range of creative problem solving techniques to address change challenges
• Identify and justify change solutions that link to organisational strategic plans
• Learn how to evaluate a range of change implementation models
• Identify the criteria to select a change implementation model that supports
• Learn how to demonstrate the use of analytical tools to monitor the progress and
the effect of change
• Assess monitoring and measurement techniques to change within your organisation
• Learn how to analyse strategies to minimize adverse effects of change
• Identify the processes to review the impact of the change
• Learn how to present the findings of the impact review
Module three – Strategic planning
This module is about the process of creating and implementing strategic plans
• Identify the organisational strategic aims and objectives
• Assess the impact of stakeholder expectations on a strategic plan
• Determine the alternative strategic options available
• Assess the feasibility of alternative options
• Conduct a risk assessment of preferred alternatives
• Identify the selected strategic directions
• Produce a strategic plan to achieve the selected strategic directions
• Assess the factors to be considered in the implementation of the strategic plan
• Implement the strategic plan
• Determine the processes required to monitor and review the strategic plan
• Evaluate the impact of the strategic plan
Module four – Conducting a strategic management project
This module is about undertaking projects of strategic organisational importance: determining project objectives, undertaking research and analysis to produce recommendations, and evaluating the impact of the project
• Determine a topic of investigation that has a strategic implication
• Discuss the aim, scope and objectives of the project
• Justify the topic of investigation and its aim, scope and objectives
• Evaluate the project research methodology, including the project structure and research base
• Identify sources of data and information that will support the aim of the project
• Synthesise the data and information for options or alternatives that support the project aims
• Determine an option or alternative that supports the project aims
• Evaluate the research analysis to enable conclusions to be made
• Recommend a course of action that achieves the project aim
• Analyse the impact of the recommendations
• Evaluate the medium to be used to present the result of the project
• Produce the results of the investigative project
• Evaluate the impact of the investigative project
Module five – Developing performance management strategies
This module is about ensuring that the performance of the team contributes to meeting strategic objectives
• Assess the links between team performance and strategic objectives
• Evaluate tools and techniques available to set team performance targets
• Assess the value of team performance tools to measure team performance
• Determine required performance targets within teams against current performance
• Discuss the need to encourage individual commitment to team performance in achievement of organisational objectives
• Relate the application of delegation, mentoring and coaching to the achievement of the organisational objectives
• Evaluate a team performance plan to meet organisational objectives
• Evaluate team performance against agreed objectives of the plan
• Evaluate the impact of the team performance in contributing to meeting strategic objectives
• Determine influencing and persuading methodologies to gain the commitment of individuals to a course of action
• Discuss the impact of individual dynamics, interests and organisational politics on securing the commitment of individuals to a course of action
Flexible Payment Terms
If you are self-funding, please enquire about our flexible payment terms. A 30% deposit will be taken when you book to secure your place on the course. We will then set up an interest-free monthly payment plan by direct debit or credit card for the balance.
The Results Driven Group Price Comparison Offer
If you can price-match any of our open or bespoke residential courses, we will match the difference. Please see website for more details.
The price of the course is exclusive of VAT
The programme cost includes, accommodation (residential only), all meals and refreshments.
Results Driven Group can also deliver this course as in-house training at your premises for a minimum of 6 delegates.
Provider: Results Driven Group
Results Driven Group - ILM Qualifications & Professional Development Training Courses
RDG specialise in bespoke skills training, CMI / ILM Leadership & Management, Coaching & Mentoring qualifications and professional development solutions. With over 20 years experience in the training industry, Results Driven Group have established an excellent reputation for the delivery...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Results Driven Group
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.6Based on 30 reviews.
Find out more about this CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership course - simply fill out your details: