Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP)
The Business Relationship Management Professional™ (BRMP™) training and qualification is intended for Business Relationship Managers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites for the BRMP™ training. Attending the ITIL Foundation in Service Management would benefit but it is not a pre-requisite.
Training Course Content
BRM Overview - Module 1
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner
- Understand the operating model and how it relates to Business Relationship Management
Strategic Partnering - Module 2
- Understanding 'Demand Shaping' as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, service and assets
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management process and techniques to strengthen business partner and provider relationships
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner's decision cycle
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-page as a mutual Relationship Contract
Business IQ - Module 3
- Understand the concepts of 'value leakage' and the BRMs role in minimizing this
- Understand the concepts of capability roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy
- Understand the concepts of value management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value
- Be able to use business outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics
Portfolio Management - Module 4
- Understand how portfolio management is the central mechanism for a value management process
- Understand how to apply portfolio management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments
- Understand the relationships between project, program and portfolio management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common portfolio asset classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve portfolio balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of portfolio management.
Business Transition Management - Module 5
- Understand what is meant by business transition management, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a business transition capability model
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition
- Understand key change leadership concepts
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition
Provider Domain - Module 6
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM
Powerful Communications - Module 7
- Understand the components of 'powerful communications.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!