Assertiveness and Self-Confidence Course
Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive. Self-confidence and assertiveness are not the same thing, but they are intrinsic to each other. People with high self-confidence and assertiveness are successful when they know how to implement each skill effectively.
Gain an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and to you personally) and how to develop those feelings in your day-to-day lives. These skills will encompass many aspects of your life and have a positive effect on all of them.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- Improve your assertiveness and self-confidence without coming across as arrogant
- Use your skills in both your personal and professional life
- Implement the knowledge as soon as you finish the course
- Skills that are transferable in any industry
- Skills that can be utilised in presenting, selling, or even speaking in social events
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing.
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behaviour
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
Units of Study
- Getting Started
- What Does Self-Confidence Mean
- Obstacles to Our Goals
- Communication Skills
- The Importance of Goal Setting
- Feeling the Part
- Looking the Part
- Sounding the Part
- Powerful Presentations
- Coping Techniques
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour
- Wrapping Up
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
280 GBP-480 GBP
179 GBP-275 GBP