Crafting Winning Bids and Proposal - 1 day Proposal Writing Course - In-House Training
In a saturated business market, a well-made business proposal is essential in order to beat out the competition. This one day bespoke, in-house training course will endow teams and companies with the skills to write proposals and bids that demonstrate the real value of their product or service. With insight into techniques of writing and persuasion, delegates can improve their chances of accepted proposals and bids.
This bespoke, in-house Crafting Winning Bids and Proposals course will relate tricks of the trade for writing effective, customer-focused proposals.
Delegates will become able to:
- Align proposals with customers' needs and objectives
- Develop a clear, persuasive writing style
- Write proposals aimed at a wide range of decision makers
- Establish and build rapport with readers
- Improve understanding of proposals via structure and layout
- Establish credibility in a proposal
- Create a proposal that is compelling, readable and conducive to action
All course material is delivered by experienced instructors and tailored to the specific circumstances of each team or company.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Successful Proposal and Bid Writing course is ideal for teams and companies wishing to improve the business-writing skills of their members. Professionals at all levels and from all sectors are welcome.
To learn more about suitability, please send an enquiry here.
Courses can take place at one of our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Reading, Milton Keynes, Sheffield, or at your venue anywhere in the UK.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, all delegates will receive an e-Certificate of attendance and completion. Additionally, delegates will receive:
- Checklists and job aids, focusing on each stage of the writing process
- A proposal template, including best practice design and structure
- 30 days of after-course email support
Training Course Content
This Proposal Writing course will include the following content, within the contexts of each team or company.
The seven-step proposal development process
- Request for proposal (RFP) analysis
- Bid/no bid analysis
- Identifying needed resources
- Why people write ineffectively
- Project managing your writing
- Indentifying requirements
- Clarifying proposal objectives
Understanding your audience
- Who are your readers?
Structuring your document
- Planning and performing research
- Topic generation
- Creating a body of knowledge
- Protityping your document
Drafting your document
- Types of proposals
- Writing effective headings
- Three-step process for structuring headings
- Writing effective paragraphs
- Assembling your draft document
Writing to persuade
- Creating persuasive text
- Components of persuasive communication
- Customer-focused persuasion
- Psychological persuasion
- Using persuasive evidence
Editing your writing
- What is editing?
- Style and your readers
- Managing sentences
- Managing word choice
- Deadline doom
Finishing your proposal; cover letters; presentations and executive summaries
- Seve-step proposal development process
- The executive - a one-page proposal
After the bid
- Receiving notice of success and failure
- Proposal debriefing
- How final is "final"?
In-house, bespoke training with Armada offers companies a cost-effective solution to employee development.
All course manuals and exercise materials are included in course fees.
For a customised training quote, please enquire here.
Armada is an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) and Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC) with 10 years of experience providing specialist training courses for professional staff, including: Users of the Adobe Creative Suite, Technical Communication Suite, Web Development and E-learning products;...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!