Essential Interpersonal Skills - 2 day course - CIPD Learning
Develop your people skills to overcome resistance, and engage and motivate people to work with you towards your goals. If you need other people’s willing co-operation to achieve your objectives, then this two-day course will give you the insights, tools, and techniques you need.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Essential Interpersonal Skills course is recommended for:
- managers and functional specialists with at least three years’ work experience
- people whose roles are dependent on the co-operation of others
- people who have specific working relationships that need building or improving
- people who want to increase their repertoire of interpersonal strategies or who need to increase their ability to connect with a wide range of people at work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- create effective working relationships with people at all levels
- choose and use the most productive approach and behaviour to get the results you want
- get your message across in a way that gets heard, understood, accepted and acted upon
- motivate people to change their behaviour
- influence others to accept your proposals
- solve problems in your working relationships
- overcome colleagues’ resistant behaviour.
Training Course Content
- Introductions and objectives
- Heroes and villains
- What are people skills?
- What makes people tick?
- Personal insights
- Elements of effective working relationships
- Relationship mapping and analysis
- The value of listening, and barriers to good listening
- Transactional analysis as a tool for people problem-solving
- Influencing strategies
- Influencing types
- Managing others
- Giving feedback
- Reaching constructive outcomes
- Action planning
Course delivery details
All CIPD Learning programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Why choose CIPD Learning
Over 100 years of experience
Join over 25,000 professionals currently studying
100+ short courses
Non-member Fee: £880 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £790 + VAT
About CIPD Learning
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Learning is one of the UK's...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Find out more about this Essential Interpersonal Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams