Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Introduction to the Psychology of Management - 2 day course - CIPD Training
Gain a solid understanding and techniques to improve individual, team and organisational performance.
Approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you’re already a manager, or have just become one, this course is for you if you’re looking to become more skilled in effective people management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you’ll have specialist knowledge in how psychology can be applied at work to understand and manage individuals, teams and workplace issues. This practical and interactive course is designed to give you insights into key theories that increase personal and business success.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The content of this course will cover:
- Building and managing teams
- High performing teams (characteristics & benefits)
- Stages of team development
- Motivation and Goal achievement
- Motivational theory
- Goals/ objectives
- Engage/ Disengage - SCARF
- Motivating for change
- Managing performance
- Effective teams (characteristics/ benefits)
- Performance appraisal – not the basic process and one to one which is covered in a different course
- Identifying and supporting ongoing development
- Managing change
- Planning change
- Overcoming resistance
- Managing communication and addressing challenges
- Handling conflict.
Non-member Fee: £980 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £890 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...