Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Employment Law
This CIPD level 7 advanced award programme is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be acknowledged as the principle source of employment law expertise and guidance within your organisation.
CIPD offers their programmes and qualifications throughout the United Kingdom (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is designed for experienced HR professionals, line managers or consultants who already have a good, general understanding of employment law. Typical delegates possess three years of HR experience and may have previously completed the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Award in Employment Law.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this programme, delegates will receive the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Employment Law, worth 15 CATS points.
Successful delegates will leave this programme with the ability to:
- Thoroughly understand workplace law and how to apply it to your organisation
- Understand the influence of EU law on UK legislation
- Apply legal principles to employment, both individually and collectively, and ensure that your organisation’s policies and procedures comply
- Anticipate and respond to changes in legislation and react accordingly
- Manage dispute resolution procedures by providing advice and guidance to help line managers handle difficult situations and avoid costly mistakes
- Participate in the preparation, presentation and settling of employment tribunal cases
- Implement change in accordance with the law and best practice
- Work confidently with a variety of legal materials including statutes,statutory instruments, bills, directives and voluntary codes of practice
Training Course Content
This programme is split into 11 modules and is structured as follows:
- Module 1 : Introductory Workshop - Duration: 1
- Module 2 : Fundamentals of Employment Contracts - Duration: 1 day
- Module 3 : Employment Contracts in Depth - Duration: 1 day
- Module 4 : Discrimination and the Law - Duration: 1 day
- Module 5 : Employee Relations and the Law - Duration: 1 day
- Module 6 : Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the Law - Duration: 1 day
- Module 7 : TUPE: Transfer of Undertakings - Duration: 1 day
- Module 8 : Health and Safety Law - Duration: 1 day
- Module 9 : Understanding Data Protection Law - Duration: 1 day
- Module 10 : Grievance, Discipline and Dismissals - Duration: 2 days
- Module 11 : How to Prepare for an Employment Tribunal - Duration: 2 days
Full Up-front Qualification Fee £4,840 + VAT, Member fees: £4,840 + VAT
You can either pay the full fee up-front, or pay on a course module by course module basis. If you pay on a course module by course module basis, you'll be invoiced for the 11 course modules on an individual basis for the total fee of £4,995 + VAT.
The fees include all tuition, personal tutor support, assessment, course material and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation, or the £30 registration fee for the intermediate level award if not a member of the CIPD, which is payable directly to the CIPD.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...