Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Employment Contracts in DepthCIPD Training
Employment Contracts in Depth - 1 day course - CIPD Training
Employment Contracts in Depth builds on a general knowledge of contract law. It reviews the law that underpins employment contracts to enable you to give advice about the practical and legal issues involved when drafting and amending employment contracts in different situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
HR practitioners or line managers responsible for employment law issues within their organisation. Some previous knowledge/experience of employment contracts is assumed.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the Employment Contracts in Depth course, you'll be able to:
- appreciate the importance of building flexibility into policies and contractual documentation
- understand the need to make a strong business case for any change which affects employee contracts
- advise on the practical issues to be taken into account when drafting or amending contracts.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
- Where contractual terms come from
- Contractual and non-contractual terms
- The importance of drafting
- The need to build in flexibility
- The consequences of getting it wrong
- Reasons for varying a contract
- Express and implied terms
- Specific terms
- Pay, benefits in kind, garden leave, mobility and flexibility, mutual trust and confidence
- Garden leave
- Restrictive covenants
- Breaches of terms
How a contract may be varied
- Using the contract terms
- By agreement (express or implied)
- By unilateral (imposed) variation
- By dismissal and re-engagement
- Consultation issues and practical considerations
- Implications for redundancy/transfers
- Case law examples
Specific change situations
- Changes to working hours and work-life balance
- The right to request flexible working
- Working time
- Reorganisations and redundancies
Transfers and mergers
- Harmonising terms after a merger or sale
- Consensual variation after TUPE transfer
- Variation under the old contract
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Non-member Fee: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £490 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...