Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Employment Contracts in DepthCIPD Training
Employment Contracts in Depth
Employment Contracts in Depth - 1-day course by CIPD Training
This in-depth course in employment contracts is designed to build on your general understanding of contract law, reviewing the legal principles that underpin employment contracts and providing practical advice on their drafting and editing.
The 1-day programme covers the key issues involved in the production of employment contracts, providing you with a sound understanding of:
- The need to build flexibility into policies and contractual documentation
- The need to make a robust business case for any changes made to employee contracts
- The practical issues to consider when drafting or amending employment contracts
CIPD Training can also tailor the content of this this employment contract programme and deliver it in-house for groups of staff.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for for HR practitioners or line managers responsible for employment law issues within their organisation. Some previous knowledge of employment contracts is assumed.
Training Course Content
- where contractual terms come from
- contractual and non-contractual terms
- the importance of drafting
- the need to build in flexibility
- the consequences of getting it wrong
- reasons for varying a contract
- express and implied terms
- specific terms
- pay, benefits in kind, garden leave, mobility and flexibility, mutual trust and confidence
- restrictive covenants
- breaches of terms
How a contract may be varied
- using the contract terms
- by agreement (express or implied)
- by unilateral (imposed) variation
- by dismissal and re-engagement
- consultation issues and practical considerations
- implications for redundancy/transfers
- case law examples
Specific change situations
- changes to working hours and work-life balance
- the right to request flexible working
- working time
- reorganisations and redundancies
- the potential for discrimination
- consultation issues
- overcoming objections
Transfers and mergers
- harmonising terms after a merger or sale
- TUPE or non-TUPE?
- consensual variation after TUPE transfer
- variation under the old contract
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £545 + VAT
Member: £490 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...