Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
How to Prepare for an Employment TribunalCIPD Training
How to Prepare for an Employment Tribunal - 2 day course - CIPD Training
The practical, two-day How to Prepare for an Employment Tribunal course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare and effectively manage and employment tribunal claim.
The highly practical programme uses uses case studies and examples to examine each phase of an employment tribunal claim, from the initial application through to the hearing. It also covers the latest developments to tribunal rules, helps you understand which cases are worth defending vs. settling, and gives you the confidence to represent your organisation or be an effective witness.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for HR practitioners responsible for handling employment tribunal claims. Some previous experience of employment tribunals is assumed.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Pinpoint the key issues of a claim
- Prepare and present tribunal cases
- Advise your organisation on which cases to settle
Video clips of a mock tribunal will also be used during the course to illustrate how the law works in practice.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
- composition, jurisdiction and new Tribunal Rules of Procedure
The tribunal claim
- different types of claim, time limits, burden of proof
- identifying the issues
- fees and penalties
- early conciliation and the role of Acas
Preparing your case
- tribunal proceedings and forms
- default judgments
- what to do upon receipt of the claim
- the employer’s response
- tribunal orders and non-compliance
- preliminary hearings
- disclosure of documents
- the tribunal bundle – what to include / exclude
- preparation of statements
At the tribunal
- examination-in-chief, cross-examination, tribunal questions and re-examination
- closing submissions and the conclusion of the case
- the decision and remedies, costs
After the hearing
- reviews and appeals
- postponements and adjournments, striking out
- equal value claims
- differences between rules applicable in Scotland, England and Wales
- Areas to watch
- time and costs
- reputation and publicity, dealing with the media
- internal employee relations
On day 2 participants will work through a real-life case study following a tribunal claim from start to finish.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-Member Price: £910 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £815 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...