Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
L&D as Business Partner - A one day course delivered by CIPD training
This one-day course will help delegates to boost their own credibility with fellow senior managers operating at strategic levels within a company, and further develop their business partnering skills; using a holistic approach.
After attending the course delegates will leave with an overview of the theories and practical examples needed to help them explain the role of ‘business partner’ and the potential contribution to an organisation. Participants will also be able to position L&D in relation to the strategy of an organisation.
This course can also be offered in the in-house format for groups of participants where the course can be delivered at the client's location and the content can be customised as per the client's requirement.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The L&D as Business Partner course is ideal for L&D practitioners responsible for the strategic provision of learning and development for their organisations and individuals who are outsourced and/or externally based consultant looking forward to acquire the skills and knowledge required to operate as business partners.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of purpose, structure and style of programme.
- Participants introduce themselves, where they are from, what they are hoping to get from the programme, what challenges they are facing.
The role of business partner:
- developing the ability to think strategically
- how to integrate L&D policies and practices with other organisation practices
- working with others at all organisation levels within the organisation
- providing added-value from the L&D perspective.
The contribution of L&D to the organisation:
- conducting an external analysis of the organisation
- assessing internal capabilities
- current challenges facing organisations and learning and development implications
- aligning your L&D strategy with organisation goals
- integrating your policies vertically and horizontally within the organisation’s wider HR and organisation policies.
Policy & strategy issues:
- the purpose and content of L&D policy
- alternative ways to communicate policy
- service level agreements
Strategies for implementing L&D policy
- the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- internal versus external provision
- shared services
- cost centre versus profit.
Setting and evaluating performance standards:
- the value of needs analysis at all levels
- the importance of setting performance standards
- sources of information available.
Review, Action Planning & Evaluation
The cost of this course is as follows:
CIPD-Member Price: £505 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £560 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...