Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law
Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law - Training by CIPD
Every HR professional these days must be aware that employment law continues to expand in volume and complexity and the introduction of new EU and UK legislation makes it vital for them to keep abreast of the changes to help their employers avoid costly mistakes. HR professionals can add real value to today’s business decisions by being able to anticipate, evaluate and advise key stakeholders about the implications of employment legislation.
This employment law qualification from the CIPD's own learning delivery arm will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be acknowledged as the principle source of employment law expertise and guidance within their organisations.
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's location where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
To be awarded the qualification, participants must complete four programme modules each consisting of courses and one assignment as follows:
- Introductory Workshop (one-day)
- Assignment Skills Workshop (one-day)
Programme Module 1 (6 months)
- Fundamentals of Employment Contracts (one-day)
- Employment Contracts in Depth (one-day)
- Assignment one (3,000 words)
Programme Module 2 (6 months)
- Discrimination and the Law (one-day)
- Employee Relations and the Law (one-day)
- Maternity and Family Leave: rights and the law (one-day)
- Assignment two (3,000 words)
Programme Module 3 (6 months)
- TUPE: Transfer of Undertakings (one-day)
- Health and Safety Law (one-day)
- Understanding Data Protection (one-day)
- Assignment three (3,000 words)
Programme Module 4 (6 months)
- Grievance, Discipline and Dismissals (two-day)
- How to Prepare for an Employment Tribunal (two-day).
- Assignment four (3,000 words)
Each programme module must be completed sequentially.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This postgraduate level qualification is designed for experienced HR professionals, line managers or consultants with existing good, general understanding of employment law. Participants are expected to possess a degree-level qualifications or equivalent and three years’ HR experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this post-graduate level certificate in Employment Law will enable participants to:
- thoroughly understand workplace law and how to apply it to their organisations
- understand the influence of EU law on UK legislation
- apply legal principles to employment, both individually and collectively, and ensure that their organisation’s policies and procedures comply
- anticipate and respond to changes in legislation and react accordingly
- manage dispute resolution procedures by providing advice and guidance to help line managers handle difficult situations and avoid costly mistakes
- participate in the preparation, presentation and settling of employment tribunal cases
- implement change in accordance with the law and best practice
- work confidently with a variety of legal materials including statutes,statutory instruments, bills, directives and voluntary codes of practice
Training Course Content
This certificate course covers the following modules:
Course Module 1 : Introductory Workshop
Course Module 2 : Assignment Skills Workshop
Course Module 3 : Fundamentals of Employment Contracts
Course Module 4 : Employment Contracts in Depth
Course Module 5 : Discrimination and the Law
Course Module 6 : Employee Relations and the Law
Course Module 7 : Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the Law
Course Module 8 : TUPE: Transfer of Undertakings
Course Module 9 : Health and Safety Law
Course Module 10 : Understanding Data Protection Law
Course Module 11 : Grievance, Discipline and Dismissals
Course Module 12 : How to Prepare for an Employment Tribunal
Full up-front qualification fee for this certificate programme is £5,370 + VAT for both CIPD members and non-members.
Module by Module Payment Option
Participants have an option of either paying the full fee up-front, or paying on a course module by course module basis. If partcipants opt for the second option, they'll be invoiced for the introductory workshop (including all resources), and all 10 course modules on an individual basis for the total fee of £5,580 + VAT.
Fees include all tuition, assessment fees, materials and tutor support. Fees do not include travel or accommodation or registration as a student or affiliate member of the CIPD (which is mandatory for those students who are not already CIPD members).
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...