Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Reorganisation, Restructuring and Redundancy - 1 day course - CIPD Training
This short, Reorganisation, Restructuring and Redundancy course supplies participants with the skills to in successfully manage the legal implications of organisation change including redundancy, outsourcing or other forms of reorganisation. Offered by CIPD Training, this 1-day course examines the legal aspects of restructuring, particularly in relation to employment law challenges.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Reorganisation, Restructuring and Redundancy course is suitable for HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this training programme, participants will have an updated view of the key legal issues pertaining to organisational structure, including contract changes, redundancy law, individual and collective consultation requirements and TUPE issues.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The course content for this programme is as follows:
- The key principles and the law
- The selection process – the ‘pool’ of selection and selection criteria
- Finding suitable alternative employment
- Avoiding unfair dismissal claims
The Consultation Process
- The duty to inform and consult – when and how it applies
- TUPE and collective redundancy
TUPE and outsourcing
- When does it apply, who is covered?
- Employee rights and TUPE
- Outsourcing and changes to service provision
- Communication and consultation
- The practical lessons
The role of HR in a merger
Changing employment contracts
- Drafting the new employment contract
- Harmonisation of terms and conditions
- Varying a contract of employment
- Avoiding unfair dismissal and breach of contract claims
- Constructive dismissal
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
The cost for this 1-Day CIPD Training course is:
- Non-member Fee: £545 + VAT
- Member Fee: £490 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...