Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
What’s New in Employment Law
What's New in Employment Law - 1 day Course
This course from CIPD is designed to keep participants updated with the latest developments and regulations in employment law. The course will give advice and guidance on case law that is up to date and relevant to your organisation. Understanding the law is also important so that participants will be able to identify and address current issues and assess what implications there may be in the future.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- assess the implications of new legislation and latest case law developments on your organisation
- address the current issues facing HR
- plan for future legislative changes.
Suitability - Who should attend?
HR practitioners or line managers who need to keep up to date with latest developments in employment law.
Training Course Content
During this course the topics covered will include:
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013
- Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013
- recent changes to vetting and barring
- Recent case law
- Update on discrimination case law
- Removal of third party harassment
- Equal pay audits and recent equal pay cases
- Changes to the Equality Act
- Recent consultation
- Children and Families Bill
- Flexible parenting
- Flexible working changes
Transfer of Undertakings
- Government review and anticipated changes
- Practical issues and recent cases
- Recent case law
- review of ACAS Guidance and code of practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Early conciliation
- Settlement agreements, discussions and consultation on new code of practice
- New rules and case law on redundancy
- Misuse of social media
- Current tribunal stats, trends, compensation rates and limits
- The new Employment Tribunal Rules of Procedure
- Fees and penalties
What else is new?
- Review of Rehabilitation times for ex-offenders
- Review of sickness absence
- Government consultation on Posted Workers Enforcement Directive
- Potential changes to Data Protection Act 1998
- Other new developments.
The cost of this course is as follows:
Non-Member Price: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £490 + VAT
This course is also available for in-house delivery, please contact CIPD for more information.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...