Inventor Sheet Metal Design
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand sheet metal design concepts and terms
- Automate sheet metal design tasks
- Use sheet metal within an assembly
- Use flat patterns to represent a sheet metal part prior to bending
- Calculate accurate flat patterns based on your materials and equipment
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
Experienced Autodesk Inventor users who design and use sheet metal parts.
Training Course Content
Basic Design Tools
- Copy and paste options
- Undo and redo options
Sheet Metal Overview
- Typical workflow of sheet metal design
- Sheet metal / Inventor terminology
- Using folded and flat design methods
The Sheet Metal Environment
- Create, manage and apply sheet metal styles
- Cut shapes out of sheet metal parts
- Fold 3D sheet metal parts from flat geometry
- Use sheet metal bends
- Creating holes in sheet metal
- Create punch features
- Common modelling tools: fillet and chamfer, rectangular and circular patterns, mirrored features
- Plan your designs for better creation and editing
Part Creation Techniques
- Create sheet metal parts inside and outside the context of the assembly
- Use flat geometry created in another application
- Importing 3D geometry Creating complex sheet metal shapes: cylinders, cones, transitions
Sheet Metal Automation
- Updating your sheet metal parts using iParts
- Using Excel spreadsheets to drive your model
- The difference between a linked and an embedded spreadsheet
- Configuring and creating custom punches in your designs
Sheet Metal within Assemblies
- Constraining sheet metal parts using iMates
- Using the skeletal modelling approach to assembly design
- Adding welded hardware to sheet metal parts
Using Flat Patterns
- Understand flat patterns and how to use them
- Use the Flat Patter tool
- Exporting flat patterns from the part file
Detailing Sheet Metal Designs
- Set up your drawing environment
- Include 2D flat patterns in your Inventor drawings
- Create flat patterns based on material thickness, bend radius and bend angle
For information on pricing for this open/scheduled course, please give us a call on 0151 650 6907.
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this Inventor Sheet Metal Design course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.