IRCA/IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor (ISO 14001:2015)IQMS
IEMA/IRCA ISO 14001:2015 Lead Environmental Auditor Course - 5-day training
This 5-day, highly interactive programme, is designed for individuals requiring an in-depth understanding of auditing techniques and skills related to the Lead Auditor role. The course is registered with both the International Register of Certificate Auditors (IRCA) and the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
The Lead Environmental Auditor Course does not just assist participants with performing value-added audits, but also provides them with a broader understanding of environmental management systems development and implementation. You will gain an understanding of the performance required for implementing a certified EMS and how to assess against the ISO 14001:2015 standard. You will develop skills relating to risk-based thinking, life-cycle thinking, process-based approaches and continual improvement.
The course is designed to help delegates deliver value-added audits to understand the principles of good Environmental Management and to develop their knowledge of the environmental management standards. To enable you to lead an audit team. It will also develop delegates’ knowledge & understanding of different environmental audit types, and the practical skills required to plan, execute and report environmental management audits. On completion, delegates will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of an EMS based on the ISO 14001:2015 standard at a level acceptable to certification bodies.
Participants of the this course will:
- Learn how to deliver value-added audits
- Understand the principles that govern good Environmental Management
- Enhance their knowledge of environmental management standards
- Learn how to lead an audit team
- Develop their understanding and knowledge of different environmental audit types
- Obtain the practical skills required to plan, execute and report environmental management audits
- Be capable of evaluating the effectiveness of an EMS based on ISO 14001:2015 standard at a level that is acceptable to certification bodies
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Lead Environmental Auditor Course is applicable for:
- Anyone wanting to develop their environmental and auditing skills to a professional level
- Those wishing to register to the IEMA and/or the IRCA auditing scheme
- Any serious environmental practitioner, especially individuals who are responsible for implementing and maintaining their environmental management system as well as those who manage an audit program for internal audits
- Individuals who perform more extensive and demanding company audits (corporate auditing)
- Those who regularly assess the performance of other companies (contractor, supplier and/or certification auditors)
Participants of this course must have the following prior knowledge:
Environmental Management concepts and principles
- Environmental issues including an appreciation of environmental protection and pollution prevention and control
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- Appreciation of environmental compliance issues
- Typical structures for environmental management systems including process-based systems
- Environmental management terms and definitions
- Structure, content and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 standard
This knowledge may be obtained as follows:
- Previous experience and existing knowledge
- Attending an IRCA ISO 14001 Foundation course – or equivalent
- Reading or self-study
Please contact IQMS if you wish to attend the CQI and IRCA Certified 14001 Foundation course to help you prepare for the the Lead Environmental Auditor Course. A discounted price is available for participants.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants who successfully complete the course, including the examination, will be awarded an IEMA registered certificate as well as an CQI and IRCA Certified certificate (A17948).
Training Course Content
This course covers the following areas:
- Auditing the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Key focus areas for auditing core environmental processes
- Overview of auditing for compliance
- Objectives and types of environmental audits
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors and of lead auditors
- Auditor skills & development
- Processes and techniques for planning, conducting & reporting audits
- Audit follow-up activities and auditing for continual improvement
- Effective audit planning, execution and reporting based on current auditing standards
- Identifying valid findings, non-conformities and corrective action management
- Certification (based on ISO 17021) processes for EMS
The cost of this course is £1,395 + VAT, inclusive of lunch and refreshments throughout the duration of the training.
IQMS can also deliver this course in-house to match your specific requirements.
Public and In-House Quality Management & Auditor Training Courses
IQMS has been specialising in the delivery of consultancy services, management systems training and auditor training courses for two decades. Throughout the years, the course training provider has expanded to deliver their public and in-house training programmes to many parts of...
To request information from IQMS, please fill out the form below.
N.B. Public courses are delivered in the UK only.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!